I recently met Rachel, Business Development Manager for Shelter Cymru, and was fascinated about the work they do. Rachel informed me that they are always looking for corporate partnerships, not only financial but also to spread the word. Whether you are a business within the property industry or not, Shelter Cymru would love to hear from you. I asked Rachel to tell us about their work, the partnerships and the benefits to you as a business.
Shelter Cymru believes that everyone has the right to a decent, secure home. We’re working hard to achieve our goal, but we can’t do it on our own – the help and support of the corporate sector is crucial if we are going to make our vision a reality, so we are keen to develop long-term working relationships with like-minded organisations in Wales. Yes, financial support is vital, but it’s just as important to us for people to get involved with our fundraising and campaigning activities.
As you can imagine, in the current economic climate we’re busier than ever and need all the help and public support we can get to keep our services going for people in housing need. We are always looking at ways of getting the message out to people to seek advice early if they are in difficulties, and where they get that advice. So, if you think there might be scope to work together or that you could help us with our campaigning or fundraising work, then we’d love to hear from you.
- Sponsor our work, a campaign, events or a publication
- Make us your charity of the year
- Provide some support in kind
- Take part in one of our events
- Hold your own event
- Add a banner to your website supporting Shelter Cymru
- Work with us on a cause related marketing campaign
- Make a charitable donation (for example your carrier bag charge, company shares or surplus stock)
- Run a payroll giving scheme
- Help you to deliver your corporate social responsibility and business objectives, and build a relationship with communities right across Wales through working with a highly respected charity brand.
- Support your company’s well-being activities by providing independent and confidential advice and support for staff with housing or debt problems through our Work It Out service.
- Help bring together your workforce, and develop their skills and understanding of housing and other key social issues through morale-boosting volunteering opportunities and fundraising activities.
- Promote your company to our service users – we work face to face with over 7,500 households and 16,000 individuals in Wales every year and have a substantial web and social media following – we can help deliver increased PR coverage and brand awareness for your company.
We think there is a good fit between our work and yours and we would be happy to come and tell you more about us at a time and place convenient for you.
For further information or to arrange a meeting, please contact:
Business Development Manager
Phone: 02920 556063